Adjustments by Dr. Kristen Zawada
An adjustment is the classic treatment most commonly associated with chiropractic. Adjustments are a gentle, manual manipulation of the spine, realigning a damaged skeletal structure to remove pressure on the nerves exiting the spine. Why you ask? Because the spinal nerves are responsible for sending all signals from your brain to your entire body. It’s what makes us work! So, by removing this pressure and interference, it allows the body’s ability to regain 100% function and heal from the inside-out. The ‘side effects’, aka: results of adjustments, are lasting pain relief, increased mobility, better sleep, relaxation, and an overall sense of well being…again, by restoring your body’s natural position and function. Chiropractors have such great success with this method because your body is always naturally seeking its original and proper alignment.
In today’s day and age, we have many things that disrupt our natural alignment. From poor posture (sitting/standing/sleeping), to daily stress, to high impact sports while still growing, to traumas like slips/falls/auto accidents, to breathing in and ingesting many environmental and food toxins every day. It all builds up in our body and core systems over the course of our lifetime, and needs some help in the removal and restoration along the way to keep it running like a well-tuned machine!
Spinal alignments are appropriate for all ages and are a major contributor to living a healthy lifestyle.
Dr. Kristen can help your body heal from many symptoms:
- Support babies and infants’ immune system to rid colic and ear infections
- Reduce upper and lower back pain, neck pain, and shoulder/knee pain
- Help relieve chronic conditions like headaches or migraines
- Aid in the relief of allergies, asthma, and digestive disorders like acid reflux
- Control sciatica, scoliosis and disc injuries (even if you’ve had surgery)
- Recover from whiplash – auto accidents AND contact sport whiplash/concussions
- Heal quickly from sports or repetitive motion injuries ie: ankle sprain / golf swing
- Re-balance your body, helping remedy depression and aiding in weight management
A balanced body is a happy body. When you begin to receive alignments, you'll be surprised to see an improvement in many areas of your life, not just a relief in pain.